Ernesto Burgio, Graduated in Medicine and Surgery (1977) at the University of Pavia, Italy (Final score 110/110 cum laude). Specialized in Pediatrics (1980) at the University of Florence, Italy (Final score 30/30 cum laude).
- Member of the ECERI Scientific Board (European Cancer and Environment Research Institute);
- Head of the epigenetic research area of ISBEM - Euro Mediterranean Biomedical Scientific Institute;
- Member of the Science and Consciousness Research Group (University of Padua);
- Member of the Scientific Committee of ARTAC France (Association pour la Recherche Therapeutique anti-Cancéreuse);
- Past-president of the SIMA Scientific Committee (Società Italiana Medicina Ambientale) (2018-2020);
- Past-president of the Scientific Committee of ISDE (International Society of Doctors for Environment) (2010-2015);
- Past-president of the Scientific Committee of ISDE Italy (2008-2015);
- Member of the SI-DOHaD Scientific Committee (Società Italiana Developmental Origins of Health and Diseases);
- Consultant at WHO Children Environmental Health (CEH) training projects Group 2010-2016;
- Member of the Committee on Environmental Carcinogenesis AIOM (Italian Association of Medical Oncology) 2008-2009;
- Member of ENSSER (European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility) 2010-11;
- Member of EPH (Environment & Public Health) Panel - European Society for Research and Prevention on Environment and Health (European SREH) 2010-2012;
- Member of the Children Environmental Health Group of the SIP (Italian Society of Paediatricians) 2009-2012;
- Member of the Children Environmental Health Committee FIMP (Italian Federation of Medical Pediatricians) 2013-2016.
In the last ten years, he has been essentially working on epigenetics, environmental carcinogenesis and DOHaD-Developmental Origins of Health and Diseases.