The 120-year-old Museum and Library of Hungarian Agriculture presents rarely seen precious objects from its founding to the present day.
This exhibition displays those items from our collections which are rarely exhibited publicly, partly due to their monetary value (gold, silver, pearls) and partly due to conservation issues. The most recent valuable addition to our collections is a silver cup, presented to Pál Térey, Royal Commissioner for the Paris Exposition in 1867, made by the famous jeweller and silversmith Adolf Laky. Also presented here is the oldest artefact of our textile collection from the turn of the 17th-18th centuries, a Teleki saddlecloth with gold embroidery, an Andrássy style horse tack from 1896 and a 18th-century ceramic collection in Habán style, one item of which was owned by Calvinist bishop László Ravasz (1882-1972).
Photograph exhibition commemorating 120 years of Vajdahunyad Castle. The commemorative display presents the history of the building from the 1890s to the 1930s. These historical moments were preserved by famous photographers like György Klösz and Mór Erdélyi. The collection of pictures owned by the museum was complemented by the curator with photographs submitted by different collections from the Hungarian National Museum, Budapest History Museum, the Metropolitan Szabó Ervin Library Budapest Collection, the Sports Museum, Budapest City Archives and the Forster Gyula Centre. The exhibition is on display in three different locations in the castle from 9 June to 24 June 2017.